Dazsmodels is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Dazsmodels may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Data Protection Officer
Dazsmodels has appointed a Data Protection Officer for you to contact if you have any concerns or questions about the Dazsmodels personal data policies and practices in relation to your data.
Data Protection Officer
16 Camelford Close
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The principals for what is personal data are based on current legislation which identifies that Personal Data is any information that relates to you whether directly or indirectly.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain data are classified under the Regulation as “special categories”:
- Ethnic origin
- Political Opinions
- Religious Beliefs
- Trade-union membership
- Genetic Data
- Biometric Data
- Health Data
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life
- Sexual orientation
Consent is required for Dazsmodels to process any types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. If we ever ask you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
How Dazsmodels uses your information
Dazsmodels will process – that means collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases Dazsmodels will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements. Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Improving Our Service
Dazsmodels does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. To better tailor our services to our customers’ needs, we use non-identifying and aggregate information to help us make decisions on how to improve. We also share this generic information with our advertisers and other interested, reputable parties with whom we have established a formal business relationship. For example, we may tell advertisers which areas of the site have received the most customer traffic overall, or more specifically, how many customer types have visited certain pages. However, we do not disclose the identifying information of individual customers with advertisers. We also do not use or share the personally identifiable information submitted to us by any other means without providing our customers the choice to opt-out or otherwise bar such unrelated uses.
Using your personal data
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To complete a quotation or sale for goods or services
- To correspond with you after a sale of goods or services
- To ship your goods or complete services
- To repair and triage devices
- To improve and personalize your experience when you use our website;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- Direct marketing activities, subject to your consent.
- For internal record keeping and administration of records;
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects. A good explanation of them is available on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Dazsmodels under the General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights for individuals in regard to their personal data:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
These collectively give you the rights to withdraw consent at any time where relevant.
The right to be informed
The right of access
You have a right to understand what personal data is being processed and have access to this personal information.
The Barcode Warehouse will provide a copy of this information with 30 days of the request on validation of your identity and your rights to have this information.
If we do not respond to your request, we will explain why to you, informing you of your right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy without undue delay and at the latest within one month.
The right to rectification
You have a right to have your personal data corrected if you believe there is inaccuracies or incompleteness.
The Dazsmodels will respond to rectification requests within 30 days of the request on validation of your identity and your rights to have this information rectified.
Where we are not taking action in response to a request for rectification, we will explain why and inform you of your right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
The right to erasure
You have a right to have your personal data erased, this is also known as the right to be forgotten. This broad principle gives you the right to have your personal data removed if there is no compelling justification or legislative / regulatory reason to either retain your personal data or continue processing.
Dazsmodels will respond to erasure requests within 30 days of the request on validation of your identity and your rights to have this information erased.
The right to erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten’. You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (ie otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
- Where we are not taking action in response to a request for erasure, we will explain why and inform you of your right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
The right to restrict processing
You have a right to block or supress processing of your personal data.
The right to block or supress processing of your personal data is allowed under certain circumstance
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data
- If you object to the processing and are contesting the legitimate grounds the Barcode Warehouse are using to process your personal data.
- If processing is unlawful and you request restriction rather than erasure
- If personal data is no longer used, but is needed to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Dazsmodels will respond to restriction of processing requests within 30 days of the request on validation of your identity and your rights to have this information rectified.
Where we are not taking action in response to a request to restrict processing, we will explain why and inform you of your right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The right to data portability
You have a right to data portability allowing you in certain circumstances to have your personal data ported across to another IT environment in a safe and secure way without hinderance to usability.
Dazsmodels currently does not carry out any automated processing where the need for your personal data to be ported is applicable.
The right to object
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
The right to objection in how Dazsmodels use your personal data will be related to direct marketing activities.
Dazsmodels will respond to objection requests immediately on validation of your identity and your rights to object to your personal data being used.
We will stop processing any of your personal data for direct marketing immediately
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you feel that Dazsmodels has at any time neglected to satisfactorily look after your personal data or has failed to comply with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline: 0303 123 1113
16 Camelford Close